Monday, June 25, 2007

DR Lawless

I raced TK Lawless for the first time this weekend. This was the 3rd race in the TT series here in michigan. This was my first time riding this trail, it was not what I expected. I guess the best comparison is either holdridge, but flatter or novi, but hillier. There is 10 miles of single track that is tight and twisty but not overly technical with some two track riding added to the start and the end of the race to add to the distance.

I started out with my teammate John, we were the second group to go out. I tried to hang with him but by the time we hit the single track he had already dropped me.
My legs were burning, it wasnt adding up to be a good race and I was only a few miles in.
I backed off the pace at about 5 miles, when the legs began to cramp up. Most of the hills were yet to come, so I wanted to save something for the end of the race.
I never really recovered and I didnt pass a single person, after about the first 1/2 mile. Not a good sign at all.
The last couple of miles really hurt, but I managed an 1:15 minutes. Not really all that impressive for sure.
I am not sure what is going on. I just had nothing in the legs almost right from the start. I am looking forward to getting my new insulin pump that also monitors your blood sugar in real time. I really hope that this really sin my racing and recovery. I think that after my rides my muscles are not rebuiliding either because not enough insulin or too low glucose. Hopefully with the new pump I will be able to manage this more closely and it will make a difference... I hope!

No comments: