Monday, November 24, 2008

Bloomer CX

Well it finally happened. I raced a cross race this year. The knee pain that has been bothering me all year didnt show up at all, even today no pain. I thought that maybe yesterday it was just numb because it was so cold out there. I just want to thank everyone for their support this year, hearing all the cheering and all kind words went a long way that is for sure. It sure felt good to race!!

So about the race, TSB had 5 of us out there racing. John picked up another win the C race and 3rd? in the SS race. T3 kept the streak going with a 4th place finish, and Ben (15th), Jason(21st) and myself(19th) finished out the field.
JB (12th) finished storng in the A race this week as well.




















(picture by Tom L)

The course was similar to years past, the velodrome hill wasnt used as much as before, so there was less off camber through that section. Behind it though there was a long downhill on the trails, that made a sharp 90 degree turn up a short little hill. The first time through on my warm up lap caught me off guard a bit, but in the race it didnt seem to cause too many problems. The ground was frozen up pretty solid in the C race, but it got pretty slick in spots in the later races.

I basically just rode the race at my pace and enjoyed myself. Well as much as a 194 heart rate average will allow you to enjoy yourself that is.














I am looking forward to the state championships and next season as well. Cant wait to see everyone at the next race.

5 comments:

jbhancock said...

Glad to hear your knee was feeling better! Good job out there.

Keith said...

Congrats on finishing the race with no knee pain. I'm sure it felt good to that...

TP said...

Well, Well, Well...you can ride your bike. Good for you!

Gald you made the event. I just found out today you beat up an old buddy. His feelings are hurt pretty bad.

Curt said...

This is why the cross community is so great.

Thanks!

chunky dunker said...

Curt,seeing you out there racing was one of the highlights of my day! And you did well considering the lack of training from the injury. Get past Waterford next week, and have your training plan in order. I am expecting great things from you next year!