Saturday, December 12, 2009

Trail Riding

Got out on the Quiring single speed today at stony creek. This was only my 2nd time riding the bike since I have been so focused on cross and also with all my knee problems I didnt want to push my luck.
The trail was a bit icier than I was expecting today, and with the rain tomorrow studded tires are going to be a must. The single track was in good shape, but there were a lot of sections of the two track that I decided to walk.

The bike rides nice, my legs are sore as I am not used to putting that much force on the pedals. Even with a 34/18 I struggled up some of the hills out there, of course the snow didnt help any. I put a flat bar on the bike also recently and like the feel of that much better. I am planning on riding this bike all winter, but I am thinking I might need a bigger cog.

I am already looking forward to summer.

1 comment:

cjsbike said...

Now that is a real bike!

Quirings rock!

-Chad