Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Racing?

Finally did my first race of the season. Much later into the summer than I originally planned, but I really havent had much interest in racing the mtb this year. The stony TT is my home course, I ride this trail and the same route all the time. Overall I felt good, it was a hot day, and lets face it I am a bit rusty when when it comes to racing. The guy I started with went out too hard I caught him by the time we hit the first fire road. I pretty much rode with him until we got into the coaster, and then I went around and pretty much rode the rest of the race by myself. I probably should of passed him sooner, and it probably cost me 5th place sitting on for longer than I should of. Then I was sick for 3 days, and missed some training. I am feeling better now though, and looking forward to September.

1 comment:

jbhancock said...

Good to see you're back racing!