Wednesday, August 30, 2006

CX Training

With about 2 weeks to the first race of the season I finally started my CX training. Yesterday I realized a couple of things. I am out of shape for cross and my skills are not quite what they were last year. I am working on correcting my dismount style also. Last year I would dismount by pulling my right leg over the top tube. It worked out pretty good, except for the time when my cleat got tangled up with my brake cable. Luckily it was just a sand pit that I was dismounting for and was able to hop on my left foot until I got untangled. But this could of been quite painful if it was something solid I was trying to get over. So this year my goal is learn how to dismount correctly. This of course throws my timing off, which is not a good thing when a barricade is fast approaching. After 2 days of practice I am feeling a lot better, the true test will come in a race. Hopefully I dont revert back to my old style.
Today was a interval and skills/running workout. It felt good, but I still have a long ways to go.

No comments: