Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Lower Huron CX Race #4


Well another CX race and another rainy day. At least it was mostly just light sprinkles during the race. It was enough to make the course slick in spots however.
It has been a few weeks since the last race, so I wasnt really sure what to expect. I have been doing a lot of riding, but that is to get ready for Iceman in a couple of weeks. The race started out on the pavement, and I got boxed in and couldnt get as close to the front as would of liked before we hit the grass. There was a really sharp turn around a tree in pretty soon after the we got off the pavement and as expected it caused some chaos. Luckily I was able to get away from a few people there and into the first set of barriers which were also set on tight corner and at the bottom of a short run up. The big run up by the river was in the course also.
I held a pretty consistent pace throughout the race. I tried to draft off people when I could on the pavement and hammer it on the grass.
I ended up in 7th place which is my best finish yet. I was just 6 seconds out of 6th place, but just couldnt catch back up with the guy on the last lap.
I am looking forward to Veterans Park this weekend. It will be a tough, but fun race I am sure.

No comments: