Sunday, November 26, 2006

Bloomer Park CX #7


The 7th Tailwind cyclocross race took place today at Bloomer today in some very un-cross like weather.
This weekends weather makes up for all the rainy, wet cross races this year. This is the first time that I havent had to spend an hour cleaning my bike this entire season after a race. With temps probably in 50`s for the start of the C race it made for some great racing weather.
This year the course was set up quite a bit different than the previous 2 years. It featured 3 barrier sections, some pavement and some trails. It was one of the bigger courses this season, and I clocked a lap at about 1.8-1.9 miles. I must say I really liked the course set up today. It had a good mix of different terrain, and areas to ride.
This was also the first race for 3 of the guys on my team. Mike, Todd, and Jason all did really good at the race, and I hope that they can make it out to the race next weekend as well. John and Joe also did good at the race today. Team Sandbag had 6 racers going in the C race.

The race started out ok. I got a decent jump off the line, and was able to hang with the lead pack. The first set of barriers I had some problems clipping back into my pedals, and Todd was able to get around me. We rode pretty much the entire race together. We were never able to reconnect with the group in front of us. We were close after the second lap, but the third lap they got away.
I was able to put in some decent lap times, 8:30, 8:45?, 9:00, and 8:31. The third lap I kind of backed off a little, which I should not of done. But overall not bad times.

Just one more race left in the season, next weekend. I will be sad to see it end.

2 comments:

joe1265 said...

Hello Curt,

Great report and again, awesome course map! I agree, I thought the course was excellent. I really liked it.

Hey, would it be okay if I used your map in the race report???

Let me know. Thanks, Joe

Curt said...

Joe,
Sorry I never go back to you. I dont usually look at the comments section of my blog. In the future feel free to use any my course maps or pictures any time you want. Little late now I realize, but cross season will be here before we know!