Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Munson Park CX # 6


The 6th race of the CX series was held sunday at Munson Park in Monroe. This was my first time doing this race. I have never been to Monroe before so it is always fun going somewhere new.
The plan for the day was to go out really hard out of the start and then maintain a fast, steady pace for the rest of the race. For the first 1/2 lap the plan was going good, but it quickly fell apart.
The course at Munson was mostly flat, with quite a bit of gravel trail, and big hill right in the middle. The hill featured a run up, and about 3 up and down sections all in a row. No time to catch your breath between climbs.
I started out fast and got up with the lead 5 guys. I was able to hang with them until after the mud/sand pit. I made a little progress in the pit and got around a couple of riders only to have them catch and pass me on the run up. After the first lap no one else passed me and I was able to get around a few of guys that dropped off of the lead pack.
The second lap I made a mistake on my mount after after the second set of barriers. I could not get my foot clipped back in for some reason and the guy that I was riding with was gone. I could not catch back up to him the entire race.
The last lap was pretty much me riding by myself trying to catch the guy in front of me, but no luck.
Another 10th place finish. This type of course did not play to my strong points, and I am suffering from a sinus infection. So hopefully I can make up for it at bloomer in two weeks.

No comments: