Monday, December 03, 2007

Michigan State Championships

What a day for a race. Finally some real CX weather here in Michigan. Snow, ice, rain and mud.

I am not sure what really went wrong in the race. Sure I had the wrong sized cassette on the bike, and my tires sucked in the slippery conditions, but there must be more than that. I couldnt get anything going in the race. It was a strange race, each lap got faster and faster, which is not normal for a cross race. For our race the course was mostly snow covered, by the time the rest of the classes raced there was a nice mud trail to follow, and the pavement sections had a nice line in them also. 2nd from last! How does that happen? I am going to blame on the bike. Just a wrong tire choice I guess.
The course was a nice set up with quite a few tight turns, and tricky sections. It would been a lot easier if the weather was better. So in way it really made this race. There were 3 running sections, a bit of pavement, and some of the bumpiest, frozen grass you can find.

I am sad to see the season end, but at the same time kind of happy that it is over. I am looking forward to just getting out and riding for a bit, and not worrying about get a specific workout in. I learned quite a bit this season, about what not to do mostly. I think I am going to concentrate fully on cross next year. I am looking forward to doing some road races, which will be a new thing for me.
Check out all the pictures I took of the B, Masters and A races.

I am already looking forward to next season!

5 comments:

jbhancock said...

nice job this season...glad to hear you'll be focusing on it for 2008!

Why don't you start your season off at Ithaca? : )

Do you have a link to your pics online?

Maverick said...

Great Job this year Curt! It was tough but definitely a fun one too!

I am looking forward to next season!

GO TSB

Curt said...

JB
I actually did start the season at Ithaca. I really enjoyed the race, and wish I would of won the fork! ;) I will be back next year for sure.

Masher's Media said...

Maybe even get a spring race or two in! I'm thinking that Goodells county park would be a great spot for Spring or Fall. Mike

Masher's Media said...

Hey Curt, thanks for posting my videos after most of the events! You and Ben are awesome. I wish I could get others to do the same. GOOD JOB THIS YEAR.