Monday, November 19, 2007

Munson Park CX

I finally got a set of new wheels for the bike last week. I was able to find a killer deal on a set tubular ksyriums. I had kinetic systems put on a set bright yellow tufo tires, wow it looks cool! 19.77lbs right now, my goal is to get it down to 18 so I can put it on plusone laps blog!
Munson park, flat, windy, and one big hill in middle pretty much sums it up. More of a roadie course, but this year they did mix in some cool technical sections and 3 runs.
The race, well it kind of went downhill fast for me. When I had the bike in the shop I was told to double check everything to make sure it was all tight. Well I didnt double check everything, I missed one thing, of course the part that was loose. I rode the bike saturday with no issues. Then sunday about 3 minutes before the race I realized the seat tube was loose! There was some tape that marked the height that was kind of holding it up, so I had to rush over to Jack`s bike shops tent and luckily one of the guys had a multitool. Well the problem was I didnt get the seat back up to the correct height, I was probably an inch or a inch and a half too low. Soon as the race started I could feel it in my legs. I was able to ride with a group, I think we were 7-10th place most of the race. I pulled one lap, Brian on the rhino`s pulled for a lap also. On the thrid lap I was just about to make a move and attack my group, I shifted up to the big ring and my chain fell off! Then I couldnt get it back on, got my glove stuck in between my chain and the chainring and my group was long gone. I wound up in 11th place, just because of one mistake. That is really the most annoying thing about only racing for 30 minutes, it is just about impossible to recover from a problem. I am going to look at my points for the series this week and see if there is anyway I can get 5th. I am thinking probably not, if that is the case I am going to do the B race in waterford. I am planning on moving up next year anyways.

Mike was out filming again, here is the latest.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Tough break on your mechanicals during the race. Unfortunately, they happen sometimes.

Congratulations on your engagement!