Saturday, February 28, 2009

What is all this brown stuff on the roads?

Got out on my 20 mile back road loop today. I think this was one of first rides this year where I saw more dirt on the road than snow and ice. There were both today and even mud. Not so happy about that, now I have to clean the bike. I was surprised it was as muddy as it was since the temps were in upper teens when I left the house. The new bike felt great. I swapped around the spacers under the stem and think I have found a really comfortable set up with the flat bar. There are a few minor things I need to take care of though. My back up wheelset, the spokes keeping coming un-done, that is they are coming unscrewed. I had the wheel tensioned and 2 rides later the stupid spokes are loose again. I guess I am either going to have to loctite them on, or get some different spokes. But it is a good time of year to work all the bugs out. Getting the bike up to speed it just flies and seems to float over bumps. I cant wait to get it out on some trails. Hopefully only another month of this stupid winter stuff to go.

2 comments:

Todd Shorkey said...

It is great to be outside riding isn't it? Glad to hear the new bike is going to be a great one! I am with you. Lets get rid of this stupid winter!

cjsbike said...

Atleast you can see the dirt on the roads!

Up here in the Northland there is still 6 inches of ice and 2 feet of snow in the woods!

Get the bugs worked out!

Then race that machine!

-Chad