Saturday, March 07, 2009

70 in March

Well we dont get too many 70 degree days in March so yesterday I had to get out and take advantage of it. It was the first time in '09 that I got to wear shorts and a short sleeve jersey, even though I cheated a bit with a wind block layer in the chest underneath. I put in 30 miles on the road bike my longest ride since last April. It was nice to get out and I bumped into Lloyd L. and also Jeff S. on my ride. It was nice to see a couple of friends that I havent seen in the last year too much. The leg felt pretty good, I could tell though on they way back home I was maybe pushing it too hard. There was a decent headwind and with my lack of miles for the year the leg started to hurt a little. I cant say it bothered me too much and after I was home for a bit I really didnt notice it. But it was a pretty easy route that I took, mostly flat the entire way to stony. Have to start somewhere though.
At least the warmth melted some of the snow and ice out there, every day like this the closer we get to being able to ride the trails again. Hopefully that isnt too far off.

1 comment:

Todd Shorkey said...

Awesome Curt! It was definitely a great day to get out and ride. I hear you on the headwind...it was blowing about 25mph here. Glad to hear you were able to get out and enjoy the day!