Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good bye to a old friend.

Another "warm" day here in the S.E. part of the mitten state. The sun was out and the temps were in the 50`s. I got out for about a 2 hour ride on the Seven. I love the bike. Today was my first ride on the I9`s as well. I have never ridden a bike that is so well balanced and handles just right. I am still waiting for the ice and snow to go away so I can get some trail riding in. I stopped by stony today with hopes of at least hitting a little section of trail that doesnt get ridden too much, but would be fun to try the bike out on. But as I pulled up to it, all snow covered. I wasnt going to ride it if it was muddy or snowy, and it was probably both so I turned around and headed home. I had a bit of of pain in my leg climbing a hill, but I was trying to keep a guy on a road bike behind me, which I did. I am sure it was some old, fat guy, but in my mind he wasnt. :)

I sold one my favorite bikes this weekend. It was one of the most verstaile bikes I have ever owned and always fun to ride. But now that I have been bitten by the custom 29er bug the Surly just wasnt working for me any more. When I bought the bike I didnt realize it was only a large frame, it was comfortable, but now with being fitted and feeling how well a bike can feel I had to sell it. So stayed tuned to the next project bike. It will be a single speed and I am thinking Orbea orange/blue for a color scheme.

1 comment:

cjsbike said...

Custom frames rock!

Keep riding, you will get better!

Plus the pain in the knee will go away with more riding.

See you sometime!

-Chad