Saturday, July 04, 2009

Riding SS

Took the new SS out for a spin today at stony. I had a 2 hour ride planned, but I forgot how hard riding the SS is. This was the first ride since before I hurt my leg a year and half ago. After a couple of miles my leg started to hurt like it did before. I decided once I got done with the pines I would try moving the seat and see if it helps, if not I would just ride out and go home and get my other bike. I moved the seat forward probably about 3/4" and no more pain. I bumped into masher mike while I was working on the bike so we headed back into the pines and no pain. Hit the roller coaster next and the leg felt fine, but I also felt like I was going to puke. Like I said it has been a long time since I rode a SS on the trails. So we cut out and I took an easy spin around the lake.
I need to change the tires out the ignitors are just way too slow. On my old surly that was way too small for me I would usually have quite a bit of back pain after a ride. All was good today though. The bike felt good, maybe a little rougher riding than the seven, but it felt good. After I put some more miles in on it I will post up a review.

1 comment:

TP said...

This should toughen you up for cross. Put the geared bike away the rest of the summer and pedal the SS rig :)