Monday, July 27, 2009

Stony TT

Yesterday was one of my favorite races of the year the stony TT. This was my first mtb race since Iceman 07. After the year I had last year, I am just happy to get out on my bike. Being able to race is just an added bonus. Last year I had this race marked as my comeback when I was going through PT. Well here it is a year later and I finally got to do it.
Going into the race I didnt really have any goals or big aspiriations. I was hoping to be close to an hour. I really didnt have much to base this on, but it seemed to be a reasonable time. I cooked myself on the grass at the start, and it took me awhile to get back under control. I forgot how much it hurts, and the voice in my head telling me stop that I havent heard in a year was back. But I pushed on and settled into a pace. Nothing to interesting happened in the race, I ride stony so much there were no surprises. The trail was great, other than a bit of mud at the river crossings. I ran those, and was reminded that cross season isnt far away, and my running sucks. I rode across the line in 1:04 something. Last time I did this race was in 07. My time was 58 minutes, but the course was shorter. I am happy with 1:04 for my first race, now I know where I stand and can plan from there. Not sure what my next mtb race will be. Maybe I wont do another this season, hard to say.

2 comments:

Todd Shorkey said...

Awesome Curt!

I am glad things have progressed and that you were able to get a race in after all that time.

Cx season is just around the corner......

jbhancock said...

Fort Custer is a fun one that is right around an hour, just like 'cx. Good job at your first race back!