Monday, November 23, 2009

Bloomer CX

I was feeling good going into the race. Maybe I was feeling too good. I didnt have any of my usual pre-race jitters for some reason. This was a big race for me, I was hoping to do quite well even though my training is building towards states like everyone else. I got a good spot on the line but a lousy start. For some reason I couldnt get clipped into the pedals. So I was going backwards more than I was going forward right off the start. I manged get on the wheel of a group of 3 guys and that is where I stayed for the rest of the race. I got stuck behind some lap traffic on the last lap at a few really bad times and I crossed the line in 7th place. Not really what I was expecting, but what can you do.
John did good again in the B race. My family came out to cheer me on also, which was nice. Jason and Lee stopped by an cheered us on so that was cool as well.

1 comment:

jbhancock said...

Keep your head up...two more weeks is when it really counts!