Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Springfield Oaks Race 2


Well sunday started out a little better than saturday for me. I actually showed up early to the race, and was able to get some warm up laps in. The course was in better, by that I mean muddier, shape than it was on saturday. The combination of some heavy rains and lots of racers made the course quite slippery in many of the off camber spots.
I am not sure if the course was harder on sunday or saturday. The one big run up on sunday was tough with the slippery conditions, but there was a little pavement to ride also.
I tried to hammer it out of the gate for a change instead of hanging back. I guess it really didnt buy me anything this time, because my fitness level just isnt there yet. Pretty much the first 3 laps no one passed me and I passed a few other riders. One guy did get around me but I caught and dropped him on the third lap. On the last lap I crashed pretty good in a downhill mud pit. But there was no one around me. I got up and cranked kind of hard to get my gap back that I built up. I crossed the line in 12th place.
I was really hoping for a top 10 finish in the race. But I found some weak spots that I need to work on that cost me some time every lap. Now all I have to do is shake this stupid cold and get ready for Stony creek next sunday.

No comments: