Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bike build up

I am adding to my collection on new parts for the build up of my new bike. So far I have the 07 xtr rear der., Reba Team fork, King headset of course, Thomson seatpost. I debated long and hard over which crankset to put on the bike. 06 XTR, Race Face Dues, 07 XTR, XT, etc... Well I picked this up tonight.This is a light crankset. The claimed weight 797 grams. I weighed it out at 870, so I am going to re-weigh it to see if it is really closer to claimed weight or not. I cant wait to get it on the bike.
The middle and small ring are a composite material that is supposed to save weight and also last longer than previous versions.

The next thing I guess I am going to pick up are the 07 XTR DCL levers. I have the old version and love them. The new ones are supposed to be even better. Then the 07 XTR brakes, a stem and the 07 XTR front der. and I will be all set.

No comments: