Monday, January 22, 2007

SNOW!!!

Finally some snow on the ground to make the riding interesting. 4 of us got out on saturday and hit some of the local rail trails for a nice little 40 mile loop. It was 25 and sunny, a perfect day to spend 3+ hours on the bike. We hit the macomb orchard trail, then the paint creek trail and back home. The original plan was to ride the poly ann trail as well. But by the time we pulled into Lake Orion, we were all a little sore from the ride up there in the snow, and with a head wind. Of course we had to stop in at Paint Creek bikes and checkout all the cool new Niners and all the high end stuff that Keith carries.
I rode stony creek last week just after the ice storm hit. The logs, roots etc had a nice glaze on them that made them pretty slick. There were a ton of trees down on the trail. I did my part as a MMBA member and cleared what I could off the trail. Some were to big for me to move by myself though, but I think I made it a better ride for anyone riding after me.
I was planning on riding tomorrow night, but I found out that my sump pump check valve is shot and water is spraying out of it everytime it runs. So it looks like a trip to the plumbing store and then fixing that is in store for me.

No comments: