Monday, January 08, 2007

Is it winter?

Well now that the holidays have past, and we are into Janurary my riding is starting to pick back up again. Typically this time of year the temps are only in the 20`s in the day, but this "winter" we are mostly in the 40`s with a lot of rain. It has made for some good trail riding in between the, seems like, daily rain storms. Of course it would be much better for the trails if it would just freeze up out there and let the ground firm up. I must admit I am enjoying the warm weather, thanks to global warming and El Nino. Not so good for the polar bears though.
I am still waiting to get the new bike all built up. I am working on collecting parts for it, my goal is to get it all put together about a month before the first race of the year in April. The most recent purchase has been a Reba fork and King headset. I am trying to decide between the new XTR Dual Control shifters or the new XTR Rapidfire shifters. Not sure about the about the DCL due to fact that you have to use Shimano disc brakes with them. I would like to have some choices. I have the old style of DCL shifters on my current bike and I love them. So will I miss them if I go with the RF`s I dont know. Too many decisions, too many ways to blow my money I guess.

No comments: