Saturday, February 03, 2007

January`s Done!!

Well month 2 of of '07 just started this week. The days are getting longer, and the weather is getting colder. Go figure. What happened to El Nino? January was a decent month for riding this year. I pulled the info out of sport tracks today to see my mileage for the month. I have set a goal to ride 3000 miles this year. I knew going in the first couple months of the year will probably be my lowest mileage months. I ended up with 162 miles.

50 miles on the single speed
72 miles on the geared bike
40 miles on the CX bike

Overall not too bad. I just need to keep that up in February. March things start to turn the corner around here, you dont need the lights to ride after work. The wind chill isnt usually below zero etc...

I cashed in a couple of gift certificates to get the latest addition to the bike build project. It is the Shimano XTR FD-M971. The claimed weight is 125g, but on my home scale it weighed in at 5.2 oz, or 147 grams this is with the small little piece of green plastic and a couple of stickers still on it.


The goal is still to have the bike complete about a month before the first race of the season, so that really only gives me about a month to get rest of the parts in and on bike.

No comments: