Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bring on April

Well with today being the last day of March I guess can say that this was a good month for me. I got 2 new bikes put together, and ended up with 311 miles on the bikes.
I set a goal to get 300 miles this month. I made with it was a few days to spare. Good thing too, because my legs are feeling pretty heavy right now. So the plan is to take a couple of days off and then pick up the training again.
We got a ride in at Pontiac Lake Rec. Area yesterday, the first time I have on the top fuel for any real distance on the trails. The bike felt really good. Still a few little adjustments to make, but overall I am quite happy with the way the bike rides. I took it easy being that it was the first trail ride of the season, and on a new bike. I didnt want any negative experiences before the first race.
Isnt timing everything in life? I was looking for a new set of wheels for the ciclocross. I have been watching ebay, scouring the online sites and looking in local shops for a good deal on some cross wheels. Just so happens that a friend was in the bike shop and got to talking with someone who was selling a set Mavic Ksyriums SSC SL`s. More wheel than I could afford to buy brand new. I was looking at the elite model, but didnt know if I wanted to even spend that much on a set of wheels. But a good deal is hard to pass up. These wheels are from 2003 they are the Tour de France edition, which weigh less than a normal set of SL`s and are numbered. They are number 354.















These wheels have the a yellow spoke to signify the 30th anniversary of Mavic in the TdF. I am a little hesitant to use them for cross racing however, due to the limited number of them that have been made. Maybe they will be my good weather cross wheels, and the Cosmos will be used when it is messy.

No comments: