Friday, March 23, 2007

Trek Top Fuel 110

Well the bike is finally done. If you remember I found a crack on my klein back in November, just before iceman. I have slowly been gathering up parts for the bike over the last 3-4 months and it is finally done.

The bike is light for a XL frame, it weighs in at 26 pounds. I know I could take some weight off the bike in the wheelset and the fork. But I am happy with it as it is. So the final build is as follows:
2007 XTR Dual Control Shifters
XT Disc Brakes
2007 XTR Front Der.
2007 XTR Rear Der.
2007 XTR Cranks
Thomson Elite seatpost
Easton carbon bar
FSA XC-300 wheels
Egg Beater pedal
KMC chain
Specialized grips
Specialized saddle
Rock Shox Reba fork
Planet X stem










I did my first ride on the bike and I must say that the new XTR components are really nice. I really like the DCL shifters. They feel so much better than the previous version did. The shifting is instant.
I do need a longer stem. I will be getting a thomson once I figure what size I need. I am really happy with the way the bike turned out. It looks really good, and rides even better.

No comments: