Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009 already?

I will not bore everyone with the details of what went wrong in 2008 as far as racing goes. If you are reading my blog I am sure you are well aware. So, bring on 2009.

What have I been doing since my last post. Well not a whole heck of a lot. I have been off of work for the last 2 weeks, back to reality on monday. It has been nice, I have grown a thick beard. I have now shaved the beard mostly off, but not quite. Noelle has been working a lot, this is a busy time of year for her. So I have been just hanging out, playing some guitar hero and riding my bike. So it has been a good break, but starting monday it is back to the 100 push ups, and the new program for 200 situps. I am not too happy that I have put on some weight, but it gives me something else to work on in 2009.

As far as riding goes, I am pretty good for about an hour or a little bit more. I am slow, and out of shape, but hey at least I am able to ride. I find that my leg still bothers me, but I am trying to build back up slowly, and at least it doesnt hurt after I stop riding. I am working on putting together my plan and goals for this season. I wanted to try the lumberjack for some reason, even though riding a 100 miles doesnt really appeal to me all that much, but there is something about it that is drawing me to it. I dont think I will be ready to do it this year. Maybe 2010.

Still waiting on the Titus. I have all the parts, except the most important, the frame. Hopefully soon. Stayed tuned.... I finally got the fixed gear done. I havent really ridden it yet, just a bit around the house. The gear was a little big at the time, but I am looking forward to getting on it. I wanted to get some new brake levers that werent all sticky (?) so I finally found a good deal on some and put them on the bike. The frame has internal cable routing, it was actually much easier than my Klein was to route the cable through it. So maybe a different cog it and that is it for that bike.

Well looking forward to 2009 I hope I can get back to the level of racing that I had in 2007 and exceed it in certain areas. I still think focusing on fewer races, but doing better in the ones I do is the way to go this season. Well at least until cross season rolls around. Then it will be do as many as I physically can.

Thats enough for now. Look for my 2008 in pictures post coming soon!

1 comment:

Todd Shorkey said...

Kurt, I can definately relate to a 2008 to forget. It sounds like things are on getting back on the right track for you and it is great to hear that you are riding. I know you will be ready to tear it up in some races this season and I am looking forward to seeing you out there!