Sunday, January 18, 2009

A bit of warmth

Well after the last week of below zero to single digit weather it finally warmed up a bit today. After being trapped in the house for the last week we finally got outside and into the fresh air for a bit. I have been looking for a used set of snowshoes for quite a while now, there have been some on mmba lately but it seems like someone always snags them before I see them. So after a trip to REI Noelle and I headed out to Stony Creek today to get a little hike in. We tried the nature center, but it was packed. I guess everyone had the same idea about getting outside. So we headed over to the osprey trail. I have never done that hike before, we didnt see any ospreys, but it was a nice walk. Next time out I plan on getting a run in with them on. That is going to be a heck of a work out.
I guess stony isnt plowing the road anymore. This is the second time that I have been there and the road wasnt plowed. Usually they are really good about getting the snow off the road. That is not going to help me get my miles in. I guess I will be spending more time out on the dirt roads this year.

1 comment:

cjsbike said...

Way to get out with your wife!

Forzen dirt road rides are the only way to train!

-Chad