Sunday, January 11, 2009

The saga continues

Hopefully it will be coming to an end shortly... After riding the racer x in the spring at the bike demo out at Island Lake, I was hooked on the idea of getting a 29er RX. I thought about it for quite a few months, and then after our wedding I went ahead and put my order in. That was mid September. I was hoping to have the bike in time for Iceman, not to race but to just to get a ride in on the trail. Iceman came and went and still no bike. The bike I was having them build is on the larger size, mostly in the TT but no longer than some of the other xxl 29ers that are out there. Well Titus was unable to get a larger tube than what they normally get. Their tube supplier couldnt commit to a date, and so my frame sat for a few months. We tried to get them to build the bike out of other tubes, that they had in stock, or were able to get but the only way they were willing to do that was to put my order at the back of the list. After about 14 weeks of waiting and Titus not willing to work with me, I canceled the order. For the kind of money I am spending on this frame I would of expected a lot more from them.

Enter Seven. I decided to go with a IMX. It is a hardtail, and I never thought I would go back to a hardtail. I rode one a few times now and really like the bike. It will take some getting used to for sure. Seven has been great to work with. I have been able to talk directly with the designer of my frame every time I have a question. They were also willing to do the bike shop and myself a favor in pulling my order through the process quickley. What a difference from Titus. The IMX was my second choice when I started this whole order process. I just wasnt sure if I wanted to ride a hardtail again or not. But now that I have some time on demo bike, even though it is way too small for me, I really like it.
So hopefully in the next few weeks the frame will be done. I cant wait now that I am finally starting to see this bike take shape.

1 comment:

jbhancock said...

That is too bad but the seven will rock! Post pics asap!